some synthetic grass done during the week. After clearing and levelling the area with Kanga, we were able to lay some all seasons synthetic grass around the still to be built decking area. This all season is great for brightening up a space and giving a perfect first impression every time.
This job was a dig out, to lay turf. Poor soil was scraped back (about 80mm), and replaced with loam - Specifically mixed for turf. The trick was getting to the soil first, as the access was super narrow, earning this job the title of 'Tight access turfing'.
A sleek ground level deck and garden beds, to transform an unused space into a new entertaining area. We used our Kanga Kid to dig out the dirt to allow for air flow under the decking, and to level the yard. We used the excess dirt to fill the garden beds.
Called in to do a small patch of grass around already existing fencing that jutted into the area. We brought the Kanga in to first get rid of the existing lawn and soil. Then levelled the spaces around the fencing and then we got to put down the synthetic grass. This grass is perfect for all seasons and really suits smaller spaces like this.
First up was a site level with the Kanga. Moved the old soil out and new soil in pretty quick. The 100mm Turf Mix Top Soil was levelled and prepped for 200sqm of Eureka Kikuyu to be installed. No job too big or small and a great fix for any muddy backyard out there.
This job spanned over a few days, considering the 170 square metres of turf we had to lay, this was definitely a pretty big project. First thing was to clear out all the overgrowth and remove any existing but unwanted garden beds.
Attempting to clear a garden bed out of the space to find they had used a bunch of cement to hold the posts in place. There was no way that I would be able to lift the weight for these cemented posts. Thankfully I had the Kanga and some ratchet straps with me. Removing cemented posts was not on my list to do today, but I was able to figure out a way around.
For this project the owner wanted new turf and garden beds galore installed around this huge back yard. We wanted to install functional and easy to maintain garden beds with an automated irrigation system. This large Chermside West project was 410m2 of front and back yard to makeover. We brought in the Kanga which was a work horse, as we did trip after trip to remove, over 50m3 of dirt and concrete.
This full landscape renovation on the river was across a split level and narrow yard. We had to pull out the works for this project – Returfing, trenching and excavation, fencing, mulching, planting, and construction. Sounds like a perfect job for a well skilled team with some versatile machines.
This is how we sorted out the landscaping for a new build located in Mitchelton. As is the case with a lot of new builds, the space between the houses doesn’t allow for big machines. Thankfully the Kanga was the right size to manoeuvre in and around the house with ease to get the landscaping sorted. First we had build a 40m retaining wall down the side so we could fit the kanga out the back.
Parking space finished on this Goulburn job. Cleared out the muck that we dug up and drilled out some space for supports for the concrete sleepers along with a few tonnes of ballast for drainage on this sloping block. We then backfilled the area and compacted the dirt for a hard surface, topped off with some gravel and we have a brand new parking area set up.
Front garden renovation ticking off my first 45° herringbone path complete with irrigation, brick edging, and plants supplied and planted by the awesome clients. Of course we’ve got some Canberra blend turf and gardens finished off with some eucalyptus mulch. We started the project by clearing out all the old turf and mud (thanks rain) to give a clear idea of what I had to work with.
A commercial synthetic grass job carried out last week at Park Lane Pre-School, in Traralgon - Using a 45mm pile grass. The space had large patches of dirt beds for the kids to play in, separated by a cement footpath. The outdoor seating area was underused, and taking up valuable playspace.