What is best: tracks vs wheels?
The age-old argument, tracks vs wheels? We often get asked which is best but the answer lies with how you intend to use the mini loader… Whether you’re working in construction or agriculture, knowing whether you need tracks or wheels is down to how you intend to use the machine.
Tracks are beneficial on wet and less likely to tear up a freshly laid lawn but if you’re working on concrete regularly then steer clear and opt for a set of wheels, you’ll get greater ground speed and life as the hard surfaces can cause premature wear on tracks.
So, before you set out to find your new mini loader, consider:
- how often will use the machine
- what sort of ground conditions you are likely to be working in
Kanga offer a wheeled and tracked option for all their mini loader models but the decision on which way to go can be as tough as the ground you’re working in…
Check out the preferences of some of our experienced customers when we asked what they thought on our facebook page
Below we cover how Kangas tracked and wheeled models may benefit you:
- A wheeled loader gives you broader options for working in different ground conditions.
- Kanga’s heavy-duty wheel construction provides traction and lasting wear across a range of ground surfaces from concrete or asphalt to gravel and dirt.
- The huge 23” lug skid steer tyres provide 185mm ground clearance to help you tackle undulated ground
- Lower operating costs thanks for fewer moving parts and in turn less maintenance and servicing over tracks
- Kanga wheels are also available with Kanga’s resealing puncture proof solution to make your wheels even more wear-proof in yards on streets or the factory.
- Kangas tracked wheel system is a unique configuration and different from many other tracked systems on the market.
- Kanga’s unique tracked system has no undercarriage requirement, so you get a higher ground clearance than the average tracked mini skid steer loader. A flexible track which means no see-sawing effect over uneven land.
- Thanks to the increased ground coverage Kanga’s tracks create a consistently more stable ride and the ability to tackle undulated grounds.
- The flexi-track gives you greater traction than wheels on loose surfaces such as sand or very wet conditions