Have you always wanted to own a mini loader, but don’t know where to start? We’ve summarized the most important questions you should consider before buying a mini loader. As mini loaders highly vary in their models and application, our questions will help you guide in the right direction and determine which one could be the right one for you.
1. Wheeled or Tracked Mini Loader?
- Do I need tracks or wheels?
- Wrap around or Fixed?
- What are the benefits and disadvantages of dedicated track versus wraparound?
- How well does each track system handle undulating terrain?
- What is the ongoing cost of ownership between both track systems?
- What is the life expectancy of each track type?
- Is the cost of ownership differential between tracks and wheels when buying a mini loader?
2. How much ground clearance does the machine have?
- With arms in the fully lowered position and resting on the loader chassis and the bucket fully rolled back, is the lowest point of the bucket equal to the undercarriage of the loader?
- Does the mini loader use the chassis as integral part of its ability to break out ground thorough the loader frame or the pins and bushes?
3. Petrol or Diesel mini loader?
Find some more details about this question here.
4. What is the lifetime return on investment when buying a mini loader?
- Am I purchasing a known brand & will it hold a resale value?
- What are the recommended service intervals? Can you purchase a DIY service kit?
5. Where Is the mini loader manufactured?
- Am I buying an Australian made product or rebadged products manufactured from overseas that claim to be Australian?
- Does the manufacturer have a network for after sales support and service?
6. What are the operator safety features?
7. Does the loader have advanced engineering features?
- Is the centre of the wheel positioned over the bearing? Zero overhang protects against seal damage unnecessary maintenance.
- Does the loader have self-levelling to avoid load spillage?
8. What are the ergonomics of the loader like standing position and control interface?
We recommend you test drive any loader under similar conditions to determine the right choice for you!
Got questions? Contract us for more information.
Need more tips and tricks around mini loaders? Visit our Facebook page to keep updated on information.